The purpose of Leadership Portland is:
To increase the quality and quantity of men and women capable of accepting leadership roles in varied community organizations. Participants are exposed to a variety of social and economic issues facing our area. This awareness helps develop informed civic-oriented leaders who are interested in helping direct the future of Portland. Through the program, participants will learn and refine their leadership styles, meet and make connections with leaders in the community, and discover opportunities for community involvement. View Leadership Portland Brochure.
The benefits of Leadership Portland are:
- Develops employee with increased organizational, leadership and problem solving skills
- Strengthens a company's involvement and participation in community affairs
- Gives companies new access to a network of community leaders and resources
- Give companies public recognition of their community involvement
- Learn more about their community through professional development training
- Exchange ideas and experiences both formally and informally
- Align the participant's skills with opportunities for success by developing lasting relationships among community leaders
- Develop new contacts, new resources, and new skills
- Encourage participants to actively participate in future activities which contribute to the growth and betterment of the Portland community
- Recognize their weaknesses and continue to build their strengths
The requirements of Leadership Portland are:
Eligibility and Selection
Any person having an interest in the objectives of Leadership Portland shall be eligible to participate.
Tuition for a current Portland Chamber Member and Non-Portland Chamber Member applicant is $400. Tuition is to be paid in full by the first orientation meeting, unless previous payment arrangements have been made. Tuition fee are non refundable. Failure to comply with class requirements will be grounds for immediate dismissal.
Attend orientation and nine scheduled classes, complete homework assignments, complete assigned volunteer hours of community service within an outside organization in the Portland Community, and required volunteer hours at Windfest. In addition, the class will be required to create and complete a fundraiser to fund a required and approved class project.
One absolute requirement of participation in Leadership Portland is attendance for the entire Orientation and Team Building session. Course completion is based upon meeting attendance requirements for class
sessions. The equivalent of two (2) days of absences prohibits graduation at the end of the session year. Attendance will be checked in the morning , after lunch and in the afternoon. If attendance on any session day is not possible, the Leadership Portland staff must be notified.
Interested in Sponsoring Leadership Portland?
We have a multitude of different sponsorship's available. We could not continue Leadership Portland without your support. View Leadership Portland Sponsorship Opportunities here.