Types of Committees
The Portland Chamber of Commerce offers a variety of committees to help carry out the Chamber’s mission and business plan. The committee’s below help create the best possible business environment for Portland and the Coastal Bend.
- Legislative Committee
- Business Committee
- Finance Committee
- Young Business Professionals Committee
Get the most out of your membership by joining a committee and turning your ideas into action! Click here to review the Committee Volunteer Expectations.
Mission Statement of 'Ambassadors of Portland':
'To promote and proudly represent the Portland Chamber of Commerce while overseeing the development of Chamber Membership through soliciting new Chamber members and retaining current Chamber members.'
Our Ambassadors are vital to the Portland Chamber.
The Portland Chamber Ambassadors are an elite group of business professionals who volunteer to serve as the retention and greeting arms of the Chamber. Ambassadors exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, knowledge, and integrity and help new members become acclimated to the Chamber culture.
- Ambassadors represent the Chamber at ribbon cuttings, luncheons, mixers and other chamber sponsored events, membership drives, Total Resource Campaigns, and other events.
- Ambassadors assist in the recruitment and orientation of new members.
- Ambassadors maximize the Chamber’s retention efforts through personal contact with members.
- To produce a foundation for building future community leaders.
Mission Statement of 'Young Business Professionals of Portland':
'To provide ambitious Young Professionals with the opportunity to build relationships,
serve the community, and engage with political, civic, and business leaders.'
As a committee of the Portland Chamber of Commerce, the Young Business Professionals (YBP) is committed to the growth and success of our membership. As
involved members, we will work together to:
- Create networking opportunities.
- Provide opportunities for educational, personal and professional development.
- Provide an outlet for volunteer information and opportunities.
- Provide understanding of the community.
- Create and cultivate community leaders.
- Work to keep our young professionals in Portland.
- Contribute to and enrich the community.
- Develop professional skills.
- Gain leadership experience through committee and Council involvement.
- Experience new and exciting social and business venues throughout the area.
- Network with other young professionals in the United States.
- Offer exposure to our active young professionals.
Mission Statement 'Business Council of Portland':
'The Portland Chamber of Commerce Business Council will sponsor a variety of educational and entertaining events, workshops and forums that assist businesses in their overall performance and ultimately the business climate of our community.'
Objectives and Goals of the Business Council:
- Develop annual programs and resources designed to enhance employee recruitment and retention efforts for businesses.
- Facilitate a networking series for businesses to educate owners/managers about
business-related issues and to build relationships between business members.
- Strengthen the communications between business members and the Chamber.
- Assist businesses with their overall performance by sponsoring a variety of educational
events, workshops, forums and entertaining gatherings.
- Coordinate business programs, seminars and workshops
Volunteers are in integral part of the Chamber and help to make our events successful. There are several events throughout the year that Volunteers are needed.
Volunteering is a great way to get to know business members and other members of the community.
The Chamber Events can also offer great community service hours for students who may need volunteer hours for school or church organizations. This will also give them exposure to Business Leaders in their community.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to volunteer for an upcoming event.